Every organization, no matter its size, industry, or status, faces the challenge of complying with the constantly changing landscape of tax laws while trying to keep its tax bills within reason.
Achour Law Firm looks at tax laws for strategies that have an impact on the bottom line for businesses and individuals and deliver timely, practical, and careful tax advice.
Our team advises business and their stakeholders on the tax impact of all aspects of business life. They provide pragmatic advice to fit in with the commercial objectives of a client. While tax is often a major consideration of how and when a matter is undertaken they understand that this needs to be incorporated into the overall objective of a project.
Our team has expertise in both corporate and income taxes, but also advise on VAT and stamp taxes. They are therefore able to advice on the overall tax position and focus on those areas that need particular consideration. We represent businesses, shareholders, investors, employers and employees, property developers and investors.
- Businesses and particularly companies preparing for exit. This includes ensuring that owners, partners and shareholders are in a position to exit in a tax efficient manner.
- On reconstructions and reorganisations of corporate groups.
- Employers as well as employees and directors on how to incentivise staff in a tax efficient way which reflects the aims of the individual and the business.
- Investors on how to invest funds. This includes advising on how to structure investments to benefit from favourable regimes.
- Businesses in connection with the deductibility of the costs of funding.
- On how to structure joint ventures, including property joint ventures.
- Property developers on the VAT issues arising out of property acquisitions.
- Property investors.
Our role as advisers is to deliver value to our clients. We fulfil this goal by applying a few simple principles: We understand our clients’ business goals and objectives. We communicate frequently and openly with clients. We use a common sense approach, whether in crafting a solution to a complex issue, presenting an argument to a tribunal, or agreeing to a fee arrangement. And finally, we are pragmatic. Our goal is to deliver significant value to our clients in a cost-effective manner.
Achour Law Firm assists both individual and corporate clients in their relationships with authorities at every stage of an audit or dispute. We assume full responsibility for our clients’ relationships with tax authorities, whether concerning an audit and the inter partes negotiations stage (revised assessments, etc.) or the litigious stage: claims and proceedings before the administrative and judicial courts.
Areas of our expertise include also :
- Regulatory & Compliance
- Banking & Finance
- Intellectual Property
- Data Protection
- Real estate
- International Trade
- Litigation & Arbitration