The aviation sector continues to face a number of challenges. Increased competition, overcapacity, security concerns, climate-related pressures and rising fuel costs coupled with the increasing consolidation of airlines have had a profound impact on the industry. We are specialist in aircraft finance & aircraft transactions.
The dedicated focus of our aircraft transactions & finance team means we offer clients a detailed understanding of the legal and commercial concerns that drive aircraft transactions & finance. Our clients praise our in-depth and clear understanding of the interests of the respective parties, including fundamental knowledge of the critical insurance, technical and asset-preservation aspects of aviation (including residual values, maintenance and related reserves, and delivery/redelivery conditions) that are essential in aircraft finance.
We advise manufacturers, airlines, financiers, operators, lessors, arrangers, corporate and government entities in a full range of aircraft finance and related transactions. We advise clients on different aspects of both commercial and corporate aviation, including negotiating, documenting and executing:
- Financing of single or multiple aircraft acquisitions, including pre-delivery payment facilities.
- Airframe, engine and component warranties and the assignment of such warranties.
- Finance and operating leasing of aircraft, including cross-border and structured leases.
- Secured debt and export credit financing of aircraft.
- Chartering and wet leasing of aircraft.
- Agreements for aircraft management and flight support services.
- Seizure and repossession of aircraft.
- Start-up advice.
- Licencing and Regulatory advice.
- Spares and Engine Contracts.
- Acquisition and sale of commercial and business aircraft (Project management from letter of intent to delivery).
- Advice on all aspects of the ownership process including structure, impact on tax (including VAT and import taxes), ownership and operational responsibilities, regulatory compliance and access to finance.
- Fractional and joint ownership: the legal consequences.
- Maintenance of aircraft and program suppliers.
- Aircraft Certification and Registration.
- Security regimes.
We take our broad and diverse aviation experience, drawing on other expertise throughout our firm where necessary, to provide practical and proactive advice to our clients. Our commitment is simple: to deliver an efficient and seamless service to our aviation clients that adds value specific to their needs, so as to simplify the process and help to maximise their prospects of commercial success.
We are on hand to provide cost-effective assistance aligned to the client’s commercial objectives and protection of its business.
Our practice covers also:
- International trade
- Maritime & Shipping
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Joint ventures