Insurance & Reinsurance
These are challenging and uncertain times for both the insurance industry and businesses that buy insurance products and services. Both sides need specialist legal advice from lawyers who are able to view complex legal and regulatory issues from all angles and resolve them.
As natural disasters and financial instability punctuates the news throughout the world, the critical role played by insurance companies has been in the spotlight. Today, the challenges for this industry are more pronounced than in years past. Scale, regulatory pressures, and financial turmoil confront life companies, which have hit bumps in the road and have been forced into regulatory supervision, rehabilitation, or liquidation.
Achour Law Firm represents insurance companies, reinsurers, brokers, insureds, and regulators in matters ranging from the anticipated to the unexpected. The two major prongs of our firm’s insurance practice are corporate/regulatory and litigation.
Our expertise includes the following:
- Drafting policy wordings.
- Protecting the interests of third parties.
- Insurance coverage advice across all policy types including property, business interruption, employer liability, product and public liability, directors and officers, professional indemnity; trade credit, political risk, title, life, health, travel and motor.
- Subrogated claims for insureds and their insurers (both claimant and defendant).
- Regulatory issues relating to the classification and sale of insurance products.
- Regulatory investigations/enforcement.
- Underwriting, distribution and administration agreements.
- Broker claims including professional negligence/ breach of restrictive covenants.
We can also help you with:
Achour Law Firm’s litigation practice is positioned to handle a wide range of contentious matters, most notably:
- Defending personal injury and other liability claims.
- Higher value claims that require legal action.
- Corporate commercial litigation on behalf of insurers.
Arbitration & ADR
Achour Law Firm believes strongly that most disputes can be resolved without the burden of a trial. Our commitment to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) helps to minimize the time, expense, and public exposure associated with litigation. Our firm is positioned to provide assistance to clients in connection within ADR, from mediation to arbitration.
We also offer expert advice on :
- Banking & Finance
- Real estate
- International Trade
- Maritime & shipping
- Travel, Hotels & Leisure
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications